April 29, 2021 -- Pete Huston is bragging again! Update on his current project.

 Howie Tortellin, CEO of the Hamchuck Writers' Collective, here. Pete sent me another e-mail. Said he wants me to tell the world about his latest project. I don't have time to argue with him, so here it is, world. World, I hope you enjoy this. And be nice to him, he reads this stuff so the rest of us don't have to, I guess.: 

From Pete Huston: 

Hmmmmm . . . I just spent an hour and a half digging in my storage area looking for an academic article I remember reading around 2007 before I finally found it. It seems everything I read that year in Taiwan, in terms of academic articles, was indeed brought back to the USA but stored in its own box separate from boxes that were sorted by topic. The article I wanted was "The Psychologizing of Chinese Healing Practices in the United," by Linda L Barnes, in "Culture, Medicine, and Psychiatry, 22: 413-443, 1998. It deals with the process of how so-called "Traditional Chinese Medicine" was transformed in the twentieth century in China and abroad.

I've got an idea for a paper or article I am working on and created an outline using at least one of the ideas in this paper. I also needed a paper called "Divergent Interests and Cultivated Misunderstandings: The Influence of the West on Modern Chinese Medicine," by Kim Taylor from "Social Histor of Medicine, Vol 17, No 1 pp 93-111"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pete's famed Betty Hill interview